Saturday, January 1, 2011

And so it begins

I don't usually make resolutions. I know what they should be, but I'm good at procrastinating. Not fulfilling your resolutions is one thing but procrastinating on even making them? Pathetic. There's so many things I want to do but don't, so many things I start and never finish. Writing is at the top of that list. I've always loved words and writing, telling stories and listening to them. Yet I don't make time for it. I'm too hesitant, too lazy, too scared of judgment. I really think it takes a lot of strength to be able to write honestly and unapologetically. Not being afraid to air your opinions or be embarrassed or vulnerable. 


I always feel like things need to be perfect on the first go. And of course life is not like that. You're supposed to make mistakes so you can learn and move forward. If you hold back because you're scared of failing, you never go anywhere. Falling backwards does not mean failure. At least you're moving in a direction. I think far too much and act way too little. Even with this blog, I've thought about what the theme should be, what font is good, and if anyone will ever read it. But did I ever write anything? Not until now. And I started this blog a whole month ago.


It is my goal to post something every day, even if it's just a few sentences. I aim to be active and moving somewhere, even if I don't know where I'm heading. I can figure things out along the way, but I need to take that first step. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment